Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update that has been a long time coming

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Life has kept me busy with the new job, training, and spending time with the little one on the weekends before she starts school.

My last portion of training went well. I did hit a small bump at the end, but I adjusted my diet and recovery process and it took care of it. My variation of training will be different now as I have the official dates for my camp and tryout and it sits exactly 8 weeks away. Peak strength and speed will be needed at that point. Also included to my weight and cardio training will be the io altitude training machine. It can be found here. www.io-usa.com I am new to it, so as for how well it works or how it works etc, I am as new to it as any of you. However it is a piece of equipment at the training facility that I have access to.


IF dieting is over for me as for now as my training regiment won't allow it. I am not able to consume the amount of calories needed to recover and improve while maintaining weight, not loosing or gaining is the goal and so far has worked.

PWO is still Low GI for me and most likely won't change. However at this point in training and this far out if it isn't on one day it won't hinder myself any. I have upped my carb content by almost 200 grams a day. Protein is close to the same with two "feedings" a week where I take in twice as much protein as other days. Fat content has been upped by about 45 grams per day through almonds and olive oil. Also by adding a new food to my arsenal. www.theprobar.com has been a staple of mine since I started at the gym, and I have found them to work very well for me and have a good fat and carb content. The protein isn't as high as I like but they work very well for what I want. You can actually see the fruit and nuts in each one. www.trueprotein.com is helping supply the protein as they are who I use for the gym shop. Their products have been a favorite of mine since they opened years ago. They even have a assortment of vegetarian proteins which I must say aren't all to bad.

Training will consist of sprint training two to three days a week. It will fall in with which weeks are heavily metcon or 5-3-1 or DE days as well. I will update it weekly on here as for what my workouts were. I won't be disclosing exact diets as that's how I make my living.


Check back soon for the Low GI article which should be done thursday.

No comments: